January 1, 2008

That 2007 Recap Crap!

I know I've dubbed it cheesy, this end of the year wrap-up. Having just looked a two previous years of recaps, I admit it's fun to see what I wrote back then. So, I bring you (or, honestly, it's more for my feeble memory) the bright spots and bummers of 2007.

Ups:

Being blessed with the opportunity to experience Nepal. I bring so much gratitude forth into each day because of that trip.

Luna continues to bring a lotta love in my life and her health has stabilized.

Splat The Cat joined the household....never met a wackier, lovier, retarded cat. Splat and Hippo are total buds.

Backpacked the Grand Canyon of the Tuloumne.

Got in a good amount of snowboarding and finally felt like I wasn't a flailing hack.

Traveled back east to see family and attend my 20th High School Reunion.

More good inkin' from Marcus.

Got a staff job at a place where everyone is really cool, even though the place itself is a little nutty.

Continue to really like renting and living on Lake Merritt.

Huge gratitude for sharing life with Mr. Super Zen.


Downs:

Didn't ride much, and barely rode my new custom Rex bike.

Bailed, due to allergies, on the one century I attempted.

Not nearly enough camping trips!

Got a staff job, which means I have much less freedom to take time off.

Some good friendships no longer were good.

Got wrong info and missed out on 6 months of my 401k!

My grandfather dying two weeks before I went back east to see him.

Meditation? What's that?

No comments: