January 23, 2007

Happy Crasher


Happy Crasher
Originally uploaded by jenworth.

I love snowboarding!

Just spent the weekend up at Kirkwood. No new snow, but it was still fun. Saturday I had a really good day. No falls. Didn't even wipe out getting off the lift. It felt really good.

Sunday morning we woke up to howling winds. We suspected the mountain might be closed, and we weren't wrong. Three lifts were open, mostly really easy stuff. So after dawdling, we went out for a couple hours. I don't know what changed from the day before, but I was a mess. Thankfully it was a brief day! I lacked confidence, which kept me from catching my heel edge easily. I don't know what was up. It got a tiny bit better, but riding wasn't fluid like it was on Saturday. We rode until the end of the day, and then made a really yummy dinner of roasted stuffed squash.

We were lucky to have stayed right on the mountain (luck costs bucks, in this case) and we rode again on Monday. Once again, it felt great. I really enjoyed the bluebird day. Not crowded or cold. Just a really fun day, even if I did crash more than Saturday.

Snowboarding is F U N ! ! !

No comments: