August 5, 2008

ten things of late...

1. i've had my knee drained twice since surgery. at today's drainage, i also got my first-ever cortisone shot in my knee. BOO!

2. i'm totally learning to walk all over again on the right knee.

3. i learned today my right patella is missing a quarter sized piece of cartilage underneath. dunno about ole lefty. she's being blissfully compliant and i often forget lefty got poked around in, too.

4. I CAN GO IN THE POOL!!!! Er, walking in the pool, that is. I can "swim" but no kicking. Throws off tracking in the knee in water.

5. My physical therapist said the magic word B-I-K-E !!! If progress continues forward, on Friday I get on the stationary bike. No resistance, but who cares?!?

6. I'm having a private yoga session tomorrow and I can't tell you how much I can't wait.

7. I'm very lucky to have the job I do right now.

8. I turned 39 last week, Walked a mile, and had amazing chocolate cheesecake.

9. In the name of spontaneity, I'm going to the midnight showing of Pineapple Express.

10....I can, because I'm working from home tomorrow, am lucky to have the job I have, have an angel help me recover, and recover I will (and am!). Once again, life could suck a whole lot worse. Gratitude is good.

1 comment:

paul said...

you haven't posted in over a month. what gives?