September 15, 2007

Saturday slips away....

Saturday flew by in a flurry of errands. I had planned to go to yoga at 8am. I don't use an alarm clock and by sleeping until 7:45, yoga was not to happen. Bummer about that, as I love Barbara and her class, and was hoping to make a few more of her classes before I leave.

I did have a massively productive day, taking advantage of the fact that P was out of town. I had a scrawly list, and knocked the following off said list:

met Luna's dad at Pet Club and we gave the dirty girl a bath. She's fluffy clean now!
berkeley farmer's market for this week's fruit and veggies
went to thrift store for cheap backpack for flight to Thailand (plan to pass it on and not take it on the trek. just need it to hold reading material, snacks and stuff for the flight)
got a hair cut
got a pedicure --way girlie pink toes!
went to travel store for eyemask, TSA-approved lock, etc.
bought the books i'm going to read on the plane (Three Cups of Tea, and Against The Stream)
went to Elephant Pharmacy for more chick supplies
got new batteries for Steripen and headlamp
Safeway for snack sized ziplock bags
got my wad of cash for the trip
made a pot of lentils
filled up the trial size containers with stuff i'm taking
un-packed, re-assessed, and put things into stuff sacks in a sensible order


forgot: to buy cat food for while i'm gone (duh!)
still to do: REI pro-deal pick-up and get cable lock then
decide what clothes i'm bringing.

i'm trying to keep the clothes to: one down jacket, thermal leggings, 2 pairs of pants (one on me at all times, well most of the time.) spare bra, two long sleeve shirst, one fleece top, three pairs of socks, thee pairs of underwear. maybe one t-shirt? but that's it for 7 weeks. i'll buy a skirt, hat and gloves, and trekking poles in Kathmandu.

i feel like i'm bringing a crapload of stuff, a lot just to take good care of jen. enough ibuprofin, electrolytes, moisturizer, first aid stuff and stuff to care for my feet. my seekrit stash has two chocolate bars. i know those will be gold to me at some point. i'm bringing 30 postcards of the Golden Gate Bridge to give out along the trail; I read in the guidebooks that people appreciate small gifts when appropriate. I feel like I'm bringing a fair amount of electronics/camera stuff, which is laughable compared to what Michelle will end up bringing. She's a pro, I'm a wanna-be.

and now I want to go cuddle my clean dog, since she's with me for the weekend. I'm going to miss Luna a bunch while I'm gone. (I hope she stays healthy. That's a request to the universe, please...)

now I'm going to clean up around here and continue sorting. how do i always find so much to do?

No comments: