September 2, 2007

Four. Days. Off.

Four days off over labor day weekend seems downright decadent. Like a mini-vacation. Such is the thinking of a staffer. Grateful for several days off, because I can't just take as much time off as I'd like because I only get so much vacation time a year. Sillyness!

I want to go on the annual women's yoga retreat at the end of the month. It would involve taking two days off. No big deal, right? Except I'd be taking two days off right before my much-planned seven week leave of absence from work, and I don't think they'd take too kindly to me extending it, since it was a bit of sticking point to get everyone to agree to hire me and let me leave two months later. So I ponder, do I push the issue? It would also involve returning home from the retreat fifteen hours before I must be at the airport.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the time now. Friday P needed to borrow my car before the Bay Bridge closure, so I did many Nepal related errands on my beater bike. The Bank. REI. Walgreen's. AAA (they don't sell traveller's cheques anymore? who knew?). Good Vibes. Industrial Strength. The bank again, this time for traveller's cheques. Fun doing errands on the bike!

Been very sluggy these past two days. More errands today: REI again (exchanged the heel-ripping boots), Bed-Bath-Beyond (who knew knives were so expensive?) and other puttery things.

And after all this, I still have tomorrow off! Amazing!

Work is soooooooo overrated.

No comments: