February 21, 2008

Required Reading

A while back, at the suggestion of Becky The Amazing, I purchased the book "Nonviolent Communication".

Last night, I pulled the book out and set it with my passport. The book has now been elevated to Plane Reading status, not because it's the perfect read on an upcoming 10 hour flight, it's because I am struggling to keep my zen on when it comes to one particularly challenging person at work, one whom is traveling to Argentina with me. My calm, my attempts at mindfulness fly out the window when required to exchange more than two sentences with this individual.

I have a feeling that being thousands of miles away from the office might be the opportunity to let this person know how they treat others is not okay. I want to be able to hold back and not rip him a new one, so perhaps this book will guide me into telling him he behaves like a manipulative two-faced napoleon in a graceful manner.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Or: hit him with the book.

j e n said...

i need no encouragement! i'm trying to be kind!

Kim said...

Oh, this should be good...

;)