February 29, 2008

Well, I won't be needing THAT book!

I didn't go to Argentina.

I'm sitting at home enjoying my morning coffee as I write this. I'm unclear on exactly what happened, but a clusterfuck of politics and lack of communication and ego collided over last weekend, and my going was up in the air. I was scheduled to leave at 11am Monday. I learned at 2pm Sunday that I wasn't going.

I was initially livid. Then, after I roped in my boss and his boss, intelligent conversations were able to happen and I was able to let it go. The end result is that our job titles have changed to better reflect what our position truly does, and a few other things that could improve future situations.

It's been a slow week at work, since I'd cleared the deck to not be there. Tuesday morning Splat the Cat woke me up ridiculously early and I used the opportunity to go to Kirkwood for the day. P and I had an awesome day of riding. So, so, so, so glad we went! I had a high speed crash from which I'm whiplashed and sore, but ultimately fine; I'd been cautious of just such a crash at speed, so in a sense, it was a relief to finally experience what I'd feared. Funny how that goes, isn't it? Fearing something. Avoidance. the Reality never being quite what it's made out to be in one's head. There's some kind of life metaphor in there, but I've not had enough coffee yet to really suss it out.

My yoga practice has been a lot more solid this year, and I'm really seeing the results in my snowboarding. These past few trips, there's been a shift in how it feels to my body. More core strength means, among other things, the ability to very often save one's self from wiping out, or carving through the trees with more ease.

Anyway, I'm still going to read the Non Violent Communications book. It looks to be useful. There's a large and subtle internal shift taking place, that something like this can only contribute positively. I feel like I'm being fed slowly, able to chew on bits as the brain feels relevant.

And as for external changes, in a few days I'm cutting my hair off and donating it to Locks of Love.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Nice. Though I can't believe you're cutting your hair! Are you getting a bob? That would be perky. Perky Jen.