May 13, 2007

It's always changing

I was looking forward to an exciting May. All kinds of adventures.

It's a good reminder to not get attached to things. For the most part, that has been easy to do. The Grizzly Peak Century was last weekend. I rode it, but bailed around 57 miles. My allergies have been active recently, and this resulted in my asthma flaring up on the ride. I knew it wasn't smart to do the full 108 even though I had an inhaler. And then Mark's chain broke. That sealed the deal. Mark had been an angel and was hanging back with me while I was slow poking it. With a broken chain, thus concluded our ride. We called Paul to come get us in Moraga.

Oh well. It was a lovely day for riding. 55+ miles plus isn't too shabby. But I'm starting to feel lame....because now I can't do the Davis Double either.

Remember how I was wanting to get some work? It's here. I went in one day to get aquainted, and tomorrow I start for real. Looks like they need me through June. I am walking into some heavy disorganization. I know this place to be demanding and stressful and 24/7. I will be grateful for the work and shut up (for now). Even if I did lower my rate a bit.

So this week will be nuts and I can't cut out early on Friday or be unreachable on Saturday. So it was with much regret that I had to tell Mark I wasn't riding Davis. Ultra-lame cause I had bugged him to register and ride it with me.

Oh, and the Yosemite trip? That got bagged, too. Sadly. Paul's not been bounding back in his recovery quite as fast as we'd hoped. It wouldn't have been fun, he would have parked it by the river and not moved. We'll go another time.

I did manage a hike this weekend. Tennessee Valley over to Rodeo Beach. Wonderful. Amazing views. Can't believe I've not done that one before.

Now that I'll be working, I have to manage to get exercise in before work. Six a.m. spin classes just aren't fun for me. But I gotta do them. I realized my tip-top fitness has been slipping because of being in a relationship and living with Paul. No blame, it's just been some choices I've made.

It's just time to make some different choices.

No comments: